Introducing the Young Female tech Entrepreneurs Challenge, a competition brought to you by Athena FundX in partnership with STEM Learning.
This exciting challenge aims to discover exceptional young female talent throughout London, empowering them to create meaningful impact in their communities through the use of technology.
Now is the perfect moment to unleash your ideas, take charge, and strive for success like never before!
Do you have an incredible tech-driven business idea that tackles a social challenge? If you’re between the ages of 11 and 18 and have a fresh and innovative concept or are ready to embark on your entrepreneurial journey, we want to hear from you!
Our competition is on the lookout for the brightest young minds across London, girls and mixed teams, who demonstrate vision, social awareness, and the drive to create change in the world using technology.
The ultimate winner, selected by our esteemed panel of industry experts and entrepreneurs, will receive a substantial grant of £10,000 to fuel the growth of their business idea. In addition, they will be offered a comprehensive mentorship package, and pro-bono support to accelerate your tech business idea or startup. This is your chance to leave a lasting impact, gain recognition, and turn your ideas into reality.
But that’s not all! All shortlisted finalists will also receive cash prizes and support from Athena FundX.
You’ll be paired with an enterprise support mentor who will create a tailored 1-2-1 support plan, addressing your specific needs and priorities. Whether it’s bridging knowledge gaps or connecting you with valuable services, we’re here to help you thrive
How to Apply
Record a video explaining your idea, with a duration between 60 seconds and 2 minutes. Make sure to explain how your idea meets the three competition criteria!
- Complete the application form and upload your video
- Stay tuned for the judges’ response.
- Competition start: October 2023
- Competition end date: January 2024
- Finalists announced: March 2024
- Award Ceremony & Winner announcement: May 2024
- Is the problem clearly defined and affecting a significant number of people?
- Can your innovation deliver what you claim it can?
- Is there a clear understanding of what you will need to implement your innovation?
- How is your innovation different from existing solutions? Does it offer a new approach or improve upon an existing solution?
- What is the potential impact of your innovation?
- Is the innovation feasible and scalable?
- Will your innovation improve people’s lives?
- What social or community needs does your innovation address?
- Is your innovation addressing any Sustainable Development Goals (SDG)?
Rules and Eligibility
Applications will only be accepted from:
- Girls or mixed teams between the ages of 11 and 18 years who are currently students
- Residents and/or citizens of the UK
- Be made on or before the January 2024
- Be legal in the UK
- Be a pre-start (not yet trading) business
- Be the applicant’s own idea and not infringe on the copyright, patent or intellectual property of others
- Not have the purpose of political lobbying